A Core Group is a gathering of 4-6 people who gather to share and grow together in Christ.
The primary purpose of the group is to create a safe environment where people can connect over the Bible, conversation and prayer.
Leadership can be daunting, so with Core Groups, we don’t need leaders as such, we just need hosts. Hosts are people who are willing to facilitate the group with setting a time, choosing a bible text to reflect on and make sure that everyone get an opportunity to speak and share. It really is that simple.
Zoom – 40 minutes (free) – 100 pp
Google Hangouts – Up to 25 people
What’s app video call – Up to 4 people
1) Start with a short prayer
2) Short introduction or an icebreaker
3) Read scripture, then share:
- Anything stand out about the text that you didn’t notice before?
- What does the scripture say about who God is?
- What application can I make to my life?
- What could I share with another person from this text that could empower or encourage them
4) Share any need for prayer in the group
Between 40 mins – 1 hour